October is the month of open source for me. Want to know why? In this blog post, I am going to share my Open Source Experience in the month of October 2018, in which I get to attend, Open Source Summit Europe 2018, Scotlug meetup and MozFest Festival as well :)
This blog post is a long due, waiting in my draft for ages, for me to complete it and hit publish. Last year, in the month of October, I got to experience the most out of Open Source Culture. I attended 3 amazing conferences and a local meetup of “ScotLug” group in Glasgow.
We all have a bucket list, a list of things, we all want to do, before it’s too late for that, don’t we? We all add the things that we will do atleast once in our life and all. I too have one, a bucket list, that includes all the stuff, I want to do, Places I want to visit and things I want to create. And, Fortunately, during the month of October 2018, I get to strike few of them out. And as soon as I striked them, few more are added to the bucket, irony, right? Whole month of October was an amazing experience and I grew a lot in that month alone. There is so much to share about that period, i don’t know how to share it all. But let’s start with the start.
Pycon India 2018 @ Hyderabad
The month started with the excitement of meeting all the #dgplug folks at Pycon India 2018 in Hyderabad. Every Year, all participants from the #dgplug summer training attends Pycon India 2018, to meet each other and to map a face with their IRC nicks. But this year was a little different. The structure of the conference was little bit different for good, I met many new #dgplug folks, met great mentors, made few more friends, and grew a lot. I have a lot to share about my experience at Pycon India 2018, I will write a separate article for the same.
Keypoints of my Pycon India 2018 experience:
- I took many Delhites with me to attend Pycon India 2018 for the first time and they all loved it.
- I met fhackdroid, devesh verma, and other folks, whom I didn’t meet last time.
- The volunteering experience, like always, was amazing.
- I learnt few photography skills, thanks to Sayan for sharing his wisdom with me.
- Met Pradhvan after a while.
The Pycon India conference lasted for 5 days, till 9th October, 2018. And it was time for me and my gang to head back to Delhi. But wait, something awesome was about to happen.
Hello from United Kingdom!
Open Source Summit Europe 2018
That’s not all. I went to Glasgow, just to attend the meetup of another local LUG group, #scotlug @ electron club.
Meetup of the Month @ ScotLUG
London train network is really webbed around the city.
MozFest London 2018
That’s not all. Among all the reasons, October is open source month for me, there is another one. Hacktoberfest is a month long challenge to contribute to Open Source Projects as much as you and win a T-shirt to showcase your support.
Time to Strike the stuff out of Bucket List
The stuff I did,
- Went on an international solo trip at UK
- Attended two International conferences, Open Source Summit Europe 2018 and MozFest London 2018.
- Attended an Internation Local LUG meetup, #scotlug.
- Visited 2 countries, 4 cities
- First time in Bullet Train
- Went to a night club
- I talked to people :D (I usually don’t start any conversation)